Monday, February 20, 2012

Eye Liner - IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liner

I'm not sure what possessed me to get the IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liner last Sunday. We were walking through the Beauty section of the SM City Department Store, like we do every Sunday, and everybody had something they wanted. Not wanting to be the odd one out, I looked through the make-up counters to see if there was anything that would call to me. This eye liner did.


I'm pretty sure I've seen a review of these IN2IT liners on Youtube but, gold fish that I am, I can't remember whose channel I saw it on. I'm not even sure what the review said, really. What really drew me in the end was the price tag: Php499.75 for two liners. At Php250 each, I thought they were worth a try.




The first thing I noticed when I took the pencils from the box was the design. Both liners had silver flowers engraved all over along with the brand name and the color. They were definitely designed to appeal to a younger audience. More mature women with more sophisticated tastes would probably not give this product a second look. I thought they were really pretty (And I'm not just saying that so to group myself with the former).

I noticed the colors next. Now, there were different color pairs at the IN2IT counter. I chose this particular combination, Very Black and Royal, because blue is my favorite color. The color looked beautiful from the tip of the liner, but I wanted to see what it would look like on me (I'm afraid that will have to wait another day).


The packaging had some pretty ambitious claims on the side. "Waterproof and super long wearing," "Ultra smooth formula" and "No bleeding no running" among others. Eager to see if any of the claims on the box proved true, I swatched the IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liners. True enough, they glided on. After 60 seconds (because the box also says the gel liners dry in 60 seconds), I tried rubbing the swatches and after that ran my hand under the faucet. The lines didn't budge. I have to say, for Php250, I was impressed.

The only thing that didn't prove true was the part about no bleeding. I put very black on my waterline the other day and it did bleed a little after a few hours. Nothing that couldn't be remedied in the ladies' room in between classes though.

Note: This picture was taken after I tried rubbing the swatches. They didn't budge at all.

So, what do I think of the IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liners? I think they're worth a lot more than what I paid for them. They're pretty and they don't hold too many empty promises. The way they stayed on after I rubbed (And I really put an effort into it!) was a small miracle in itself. I will definitely be getting this again. If only just the very black.

'til next time,
Maite

No comments:

Post a Comment