Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mascara - Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

As I mentioned a few posts back, the Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara was recommended to me by my dear cousins Katrina and Cheska. I picked it up last Sunday at the SM City Department Store during my post-exam happy time.

We were walking through the beauty section with my grandmother, my mother, and two of my aunts and decided to stop at the Maybelline counter to see if there was anything new. That's when Katrina brought the Magnum Volum' Express to my attention. They'd both gotten it the week before and apparently, both loved it.

In truth, I wasn't looking to get another mascara. I was perfectly content with another Maybelline product, the Pulse Perfection Waterproof Vibrating (Yes, it does actually vibrate) Mascara. In the end, curiosity won out and I got it anyway.



The mascara wand impressed me. It's curved; almost a "c" shape. The bristles are made of the same material as those on spool brushes. I find that I prefer this to rubber applicators with little rubber spikes arranged in rows. This little innovation allows me to coat those really short lashes in the inner corners of my eyes; the ones I would ordinarily not be able to get at with the Pulse Perfection's wand. I also find it easier to coat the lower lashes.


Now, I have really short lashes and they tend to stick out in every direction when I attempt to curl them. Furthermore, my bottom lashes are so sparse that they almost do not exist. In sum, I needed a mascara that would make my lashes look longer and thicker and ultimately, hold the curl. When I first applied the Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara to my lashes, I thought it didn't help one bit. They made my lashes look spidery and fake. I remedied that by running a brow brush through them. In the end, I liked how they turned out.

The clincher, for me, was the waterproof formula. I put it to the ultimate test this evening when, in a moment of weakness, I cried (and when I say cry, I mean bawled) over the dismal results of my exam on Obligations and Contracts. I rushed to ladies' room armed with a pack of facial tissues, ready to wipe away mascara streaks, only to find that they were not necessary. My mascara was still perfectly in place.

I've tried several waterproof mascaras in the past but found that they just weren't as waterproof as they claimed. A lot of the times, they would stick to my lids. They would also leave smudges on my lower lash line. This was particularly true during humid days. The Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara, on the other hand, did just what it said it would do. A fact that I am extremely grateful for. Thanks to the Magnum, I was able to walk out of the ladies' room tonight without looking like A racoon.

The verdict: The Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara is my new best friend. It doesn't clump and it doesn't smudge. It helps add length and volume to my lashes as well as hold the curl. I am completely sold on this mascara!

Will I get it again? Absolutely! It saved me from having to explain my state to all of the people I passed on the way to the parking lot.

The Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara is priced at PHP399. It is available at the Maybelline counter at all leading drugstores and department stores.

'til next time,
Maite

6 comments:

  1. Great choice of mascara!!!! I use the MAG NUM Volum Express - super film! they come off real easy just with water, and don't really smudge either:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that's an issue that kept coming up while I was reading reviews about this mascara. People kept saying it was so hard to remove and their lashes came off when they tried. I never encountered this problem. The Magnum was no match for my make-up remover.

      And yeah, aren't Maybelline mascaras the best?

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara, too! It really does add volume to my poor lashes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybelline mascaras were real a must try!!! love them, my first mascara from maybelline is great lash =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline mascaras are probably the best drugstore mascaras around. I love 'em too! :)

      Delete