Monday, February 13, 2012

Maite's 23rd Birthday

For those of you who didn't know, I celebrated (or more accurately, did not celebrate) my 23rd birthday last Saturday. I woke earlier than usual and gussied up for class. I thought that since I wasn't going to be doing anything special for my birthday other than having dinner with the family, I should at least look nice.

I curled my hair with a flat iron. I then put the front sections in braids which I later connected at the back using an elastic band. The connecting braids made a crown atop my head. I didn't put on too much make up that day. A little blush, a little lip gloss and a lot of mascara was all I dared do since I still had to attend my Criminal Law class.

I'd barely reached the bottom stair of the flight that leads to our classroom when I ran into my friend Lel. She looked at me, said hello, then immediately ran back up the stairs. I guess that should have tipped me off. I was not prepared for what I faced the moment I walked into the room. My classmates had prepared a cake. I know that most people probably get surprised on their birthdays every year, but I am not one of those people. I was so touched by the gesture. They sang "Happy birthday" and had me blow out the candles. It was a lovely surprise.


The dedication reads, "From: Captain America and Friends."

My friend Mamet got me a box of chocolates.

I took them out to lunch after class. We pigged out on pizza, pasta, chicken and ice cream.



I had another nice surprise when I got home. My family ordered my favorite cake and had it decorated with blue icing (Because blue is my favorite color).



I felt so loved.

I was also allowed to invite a few friends so I had my boyfriend Mark, two of my best friends, Cecile and Melanie and their boyfriends Mel and Kirby over. For some reason I can't find the picture on my phone, but it's in there somewhere. I'll put it up when I do.

'til next time,
Maite
Edit:

I found the picture!

Top: Cecile, Melanie and Maite
Bottom: Mark, Mel and Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment