Monday, February 6, 2012

Eyeshadow - Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadow

I picked up the Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadows last Sunday while shopping with the family. I decided to get them after seeing Say Tioco Artillero's haul video on Youtube. The video was done with Judy of ItsJudyTime who pointed out that the mousse eyeshadows were very much like MAC paint pots. Having never tried any sort of cream shadow, I became curious. Their recommendation made it easy for me to choose.


There were a few colors on hand at the Ever Bilena counter at the SM City Department Store. My cousin Katrina and I made a bit of a mess while swatching them. There was a bright blue, a pretty lavender, a soft pink... In the end, I decided on a silvery shade called Opal, a bronze color called Amber and an apple green called Peridot.



Once I got home, I examined my finds. I loved that they come in little glass jars. For me at least, this makes storing them a lot easier. I keep them stored in a drawer along with other products I have that are packaged the same way. As it is, my vanity is kept is clutter-free.


As to the products themselves, I was really impressed. As the swatches in the photo below show, they are extremely pigmented. What the photo doesn't show is how long they stay on. I noted that the swatches on the back of my stayed on until I showered at the end of the day. This was not something I thought to look out for. I thought the advantage was worth mentioning.

Also, the Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadows go on smoothly when I apply them to my lids with my fingers (I find that they go on smoother when I use my fingers than when I use a brush). They blend easily too!

L-R: Peridot, Opal, Amber

Among the colors I took home, Amber is by far my favorite. I quickly realized that a little goes a long way. The warm bronze manages not to look severe despite the pigmentation of the eyeshadow. Opal is pretty too. The silvery-white can be used in a variety of make-up looks. Peridot, however, didn't make as much of an impression on me.

To sum it all up, I do like the Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadows. I like the packaging as well as the formula. They go on well, they blend easily and they last forever. I will probably be more careful in selecting which ones to get the next time around though.

The Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadows are sold Php125 a jar. They are available at all leading drugstores and department stores in the Philippines.

'til next time,
Maite

No comments:

Post a Comment